VHA seeks new recruits for its board of directors
The Visiting Homemakers Association (VHA) Health and Home Support branch is recruiting new volunteers to join our board of directors.
The board plays a crucial role in leading, shaping and positioning VHA within the provincial health landscape.
This is an opportunity to contribute to your community and to help shape the future of community-based health services in our region.
VHA is currently seeking interested individuals to help guide our efforts in the following key areas:
- risk management and quality
- government relations
- property management/housing financial management
- strategic management
- health system and its regulatory environment
- issues affecting the health system and the people served by VHA
The board is comprised of volunteers and provides stewardship to the organization, sets the strategic direction and monitors organizational risk. VHA seeks a board that informs dialogue and supports strong decision-making, reflects the community it serves, and can identify and question biases.
Board members must:
• contribute to the board’s consensus-building decision process by attending and actively participating in six to eight board meetings each year (board meetings are held Mondays 4 to 6:30 p.m.)
• have a clear understanding of the distinction between the role of the Board versus the role of management.
• be informed of issues affecting, or likely to affect, the organization.
VHA adheres to a policy governance board model that entrusts members with establishing the overarching policies of the organization.
Process for applying
Interested applicants should submit their resumé plus a letter outlining their skills and reason for interest to email@example.com no later than September 30.
The nominating committee interviews prospective candidates and provides recommendations for new members to the board of directors. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, see www.vhaottawa.ca.
Submitted by Valerie Bishop de Young.